Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor
Experience:  Physician at Stanley L Simpson, DO
93248684

I have been trowing up and having diarrhea. I believe that

Customer Question

I have been trowing up and having diarrhea. I believe that something I eat is making my stomach hurt but it has not gone away since this morning around 7am. I have thrown up three times and gone to the bathroom at least five times. Is there anything I can take for maybe food poisoning?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 10 months ago.

Hi, Dr. Stan here to help you today. Since you are vomiting, you should not take any medication or food at least until you don't vomit for at least 6 hours. Second, you are dehydrated and require fluid replacement. It is best that you go to an Urgent Care Center to get IV fluids and medication intravenously. You need to rest your GI system. I can suggest oral medication, but most likely it will not work and you will vomit again.

I am here to answer any additional questions you may have. Thank you for allowing me to provide assistance. I hope your medical problem(s) are resolved soon and you feel better. We are credited only after you give a positive rating of 3-5 stars for the information I provided. Thank you.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have thrown up only twice in the morning. Now I just been having diarrhea I did manage to drink an Alkaseltzer and although it manage to make my stomach feel slightly better I'm still experiencing body pain, diarrhea, and slight stomach nausea
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
What kind of oral Medicine can help? Or do you still suggest the same thing as before
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 10 months ago.

You can try Imodium for the diarrhea. This is available without a prescription. Also since you have not vomited for 6 hours, try Tums, Rolaids at double the suggested dose on the bottle. Also over the counter Nexium to relieve the stomach acid (this will take 12-24 hours to work, but the Tums, Rolaids will work within 20-30 minutes) which will help to control any further reflux.

Expert:  Dr Stan replied 10 months ago.

Also use Pedialyte (best) or Gatorade to replenish your fluids and electrolytes.

Expert:  Dr Stan replied 10 months ago.

I trust you feel better?

Expert:  Dr Stan replied 10 months ago.

Did the treatment I suggested relieve your diarrhea and acid reflux?

Expert:  Dr Stan replied 10 months ago.

Would you be kind enough to rate my response, hopefully with 5 stars.