Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

I've had a dull pain in the top left side of my head for 7

Customer Question

I've had a dull pain in the top left side of my head for 7 months now. It feels like a bruise and is around the size of a quarter, but isn't going away.
JA: Is the headache episodic or daily? And what about nausea?
Customer: No nausea, and the headache usually comes on when I put pressure on the area, which isn't daily, so it feels more episodic
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No
Category: Medical
Expert:  khagihara replied 11 months ago.

How old are you? Are you a male or a female? How tall are you? How much do you weigh? Any weight changes? Exactly where is it? On a scale of 0-10, what is it with 0 being no pain and 10 being the strongest pain? What is it like? Pulsating pain? Does anything make it better or worse? Is it consistent? Is it getting worse? Any skin change? Can you attach the photos here? Any other symptoms? Are you aware of anything which might have triggered it? Any medical problems? Any surgeries? Any medications including over-the-counter pills and herbs? Any family medical history?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Female, 23, 5'9", 175 lbs, the pain is on the left side of the crown of my head near the top. The pain feels like a bruise but it's lasted for 7 months, so it's pretty dull. Once a month I've gotten a worse headache from it, but it doesn't last long. I mostly feel it when it gets bumped, when I wear a hat, or pull my hair back.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It's pretty consistent. No skin change and no other symptoms that I know of.