How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Josh Your Own Question
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 5303
Experience:  Medicine doctor, PGCSD(dermatology)
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr Josh is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Having shortness of breath tightness in chest with weakness.

Customer Question

Having shortness of breath tightness in chest with weakness.
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 11 months ago.


Myself Dr Josh. and I’m happy to help with your question today.

Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern-

Since how long you have the symptoms of chest tightness & other symptoms?

Is there any pain or numbness in left arm?

Are you diagnosed with any medical illness?

Waiting for your reply…

Thank you.

Kind Regards


Expert:  Dr Josh replied 11 months ago.

Dear customer

Thank you for coming back online.

The symptoms you have described of having shortness of breath,tightness in chest with weakness can be due to angina.It occurs when heart is not getting enough blood and oxygen.It is most often caused by blockages in the arteries that supply blood to your heart.Angina may feel like pressure or squeezing in your chest.Stable angina isn't a heart attack, but it makes a heart attack more likely in the future.

Other possible causes can be:stress,anxiety,depression,psychological causes.

All types of chest tightness/pressure/pain should be checked by the doctor to rule out any heart disease. You need following tests:

-Electrocardiogram(EKG),Stress EKG,
-Blood tests
-Holter monitoring,
-Electrophysiological mapping

This should be evaluated at ER.So my best advise for you is to please consult your doctor at ER to have these tests done so as to know the exact underlying cause & then treatment will be done accordingly.

Thank you.

Hope this helped.

Is there is anything else that you would like to know.I am happy to address your follow-up questions. Please use the REPLY BUTTON to reply back to me

Kind Regards