Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the field of Family Practice
13781349

I had an MRI due to back problem and it also showed mild

Customer Question

I had an MRI due to back problem and it also showed mild fatty infitration/atrophy of the pancreas. I am 66 yrs. old, about 40 lbs overweight. I do not drink or smoke and feel relatively fine except for the back problem now. I do not have any issues with food such as heartburn reflux, etc. Is this anything to worry about/
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: No, I just got the results today, will see Dr. tomorrow. I do not take anything routinely, i have been taking Robaxin and Tramadol prn for my back.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Not really, except I am prone to pneumonia, usually come down with every fall/winter. My mother did this also and she and my father both died from pneumonia complications. Other than that I'm fairly healthy for my age.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 1 year ago.

Hello!

Have gastroenterologist test you for pancreatic insufficiency ( digestive enzymes from pancreas may be checked --- amylase/ lipase /etc and insulin production checked with C- peptide level along with glucose level ...

This would be a check up on your pancreas

I hope this is helpful for you

Let me know If you have further questions or concerns

I will be happy to get back with you

If my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback

Thank you and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD