Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

In some babies ,all the necessary changes do not occurs. one

Customer Question

in some babies ,all the necessary changes do not occurs. one such group of babies are called , blue babies
1 what is the problem seen with this condition {what structures are affected)?
2why does this condition have this name ?
3 how do the structural defect actual cause the symptoms seen?
4 how do the doctor judge of the severity of the condition?
5 how can doctors treat the condition?
Category: Medical
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Describe four differences that can be seen in the structures pressure before and after birth?
Why do these changes to occur?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 10 months ago.

In blue babies basically there are structural defects in the heart persistent ductus arteriosis, tetrology of fallot , transposition of graeat vessels.

Unoxygenated blood from the right ventricle flows into the aorta preferentially because of the obstructed outflow tract into the lungs. This means less blood has the opportunity to be oxygenated in the lungs. Blood mixes abnormally between the left and right ventricles and into the aorta. Oxygen gives blood its reddish color; cyanosis describes the "blueness" in the baby which results from the pumping of mixed oxygenated and unoxygenated blood throughout the body.

The severity of the condition is judged by the echocardiography and blood gas analysis.

Treatment involves surgical repair of the defcts.

Sorry, i can not take phone calls right now.

You can accept additional services offer.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on the stars on top of the screen. Wish you good health.

Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Wish you good health.