Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

Last monday i went to the doctor for a cough that wasn't

Customer Question
going away after being sick...
last monday i went to the doctor for a cough that wasn't going away after being sick a week prior. after chest x rays he said i had slight bronchitis/ pneumonia and prescribed azithromycin & cefpodoxime plus 2 inhalers. one called qvar and the other ventolin hfa. its been a week and i feel better but I'm still coughing up the occasional mucus. definitely not as bad, a lot better, but its still there. how long is the mucus suppose to stay in my system, and should i be concerned or finish my medication and it should go away?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Medical
8/30/2016
Doctor: Dr.Anil, Doctor replied 1 year ago
Dr.Anil
Dr.Anil, Doctor

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board certified consultant with over 30 years of experience.

I understand your concern.

You should firstly finish your medications as per directed.

Drink warm liquid.

Also do deep breathing.

You should do saline gargles.

Also avoid spicy,fried food,carbonated beverages.

You should start a multi-vitamin supplement to boost your immunity.

It takes 1-2 weeks to recover fully.

You should keep a positive attitude and you'll be fine.

It's my privilege to help you if you have any further query regarding your this health issue.
May I help you further?
Waiting for your response.

Dr.Anil
Dr.Anil
Dr.Anil, Doctor