Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I need a prayer NOW! I an so constipated. I am chockkkkers.

Customer Question
I've tried everything and have...
I need a prayer NOW! I an so constipated. I am chockkkkers. I've tried everything and have just done an enema waiting results. Usually I just lose only the liquid I put in and nothing else. It's all die to f....k..g pain killers for my fractured back.I am totally fed up and I'm loosing it!!!! Help me now God... Just do something. I need relief sNOW!I want to go for a walk with the dog in the bush on such a beautiful spring day. I want to get out in the garden,.,,, I can't even walk! Please pray and ask others!Thank you
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Medical
8/28/2016
Doctor: Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician replied 1 year ago
Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician

Hi there.
Thank you for your question.
I am Dr. SH and will be helping you out with your concerns today.

I have responded to your other request with the following questions:

Thank you for your question.
Can you please elaborate your question a little more.
What is your age and gender?
Since how long are you having this problem?
Do you have any other medical problems?
Are you on any medications for anything at the moment?
Please let me know.
Kindest regards

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hello...my name is ***** ***** I am 62 female of course. I have had ongoing constipation problems for years but more so ini the last 18 mths having been put on tragic for pain. I have osteoporosis and osteoarthritis and my back is fractured and crushed T10 and spondylitis has developed. I am no longer on any painkillers and no medication whatsoever. I am in constant pain and would take the bottle if I did get hold of some. But the main problem is
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
oops. Constipated so bad the bulge at the anus has the lining coming thru. Not a thing will pass.in desperation about one and half hours ago i took one prepcol used for colonist onus etc. had one on hand. Now I am so bloate and tight and stiff and nothing is shifting. I find every position uncomfortable. I really don't want to go to the hospital. I'll wait till another 3 or 4 hours and see if that stuff works. I also have candid albicans and taking probiotics and a concoction of supplements to go with it. I als have peripheral neuopathy and the dumbness in my feet and legs is worse now. My back is killing me. I'm on nothing for the legs. Have tried lyrics, allergic. Canta even find a decent GP who will take the time to sort me out and respond appropriately. Thank you..cheers
Doctor: Dr. D. Love, Doctor replied 1 year ago
Dr. D. Love, Doctor

What has been tried for the constipation beyond the enemas?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Moviolas, but that bloats me up and when I do go it's a skirt of liquid full stop. Tried coloxyl with and without senna, used to work not now not even 8 at night. Bios lax used to work not now. I chew up a big spoon full of nutrilax of a night and even that doesn't work anymore. Last resort is always enema but that doesn't work now either. I'm the size of a house from diaphragm to pelvis and normal everywhere else. So uncomfortable. Also tried lactose solutions but that just fills me with colic and no other affect.a about 4 hours ago I did the propicol prep for a colonoscopy and now Ai just have a bigger bloating problem and it just runs out in tiny amounts enough to soil everything. Still nothing substantial. My kidneys are aching now.

I assume that you mean that you tried lactulose, rather than lactose.

For someone with severe constipation that is unresponsive to fiber and stool softeners, then the usual management would be with propylene glycol or lactulose. One of the advantages of lactulose is that the dose can be gradually increased until the constipation is resolved, but it may need to be a very gradual increase to limit side effects. For someone with opioid induced constipation, another option that may help is to use Relistor.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you. Please tell me what is Relistor, I e never heard of it. What does it do and what are the brand names, can I get it over the counter or do I need a script? Also I don't know what propylene glycol is. Brand name or something would help. And yes I did men lactulose it was. Misprint sorry, I tried Actifed syrup. It makes me swell and pass wind but nothing else unfortunately. I'm getting very very desperate here, can you get back to me soon. Thanking you

Relistor is the brand name. It contains meethylnatrexone. It is only available by prescription.

A common brand name for propylene glycol is Miralax, which is available over the counter.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you. Is this meethynatresone take by mouth? Suppository, enema ? And is Miralax a fruit ease inform me so I understand what I'm looking for. Thanking you

Yes, the Relistor is taken by mouth.

As for the Miralax, I am not sure what you mean by a "fruit ease", but it is available as a liquid formulation or as a powder that can be mixed with your liquid of choice.

Dr. D. Love, Doctor