Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, MD, MCCM. Currently working in Critical Care Medicine with 10 year experience in Medicine
22950887

My husband has tendonitis in his knee and is currently in

Customer Question

My husband has tendonitis in his knee and is currently in severe pain. He is taking Olmetec 20 mg. Apo-Atovastafin 20 mg. and Amotriptaline 100 mg. Can I give him tylenol 3 or tramicet?
JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: No medication alergies
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: no
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 11 months ago.

Im sorry to hear about your husband. Now tendonitis can certainly be painful in most cases, triamcet would be helpful in reducing the inflammation but it wont help in reducing teh pain in the short term, tylenol on the other hand can be very helpful here. In addition you can also use OTC motrin or even aleve which would be helpful in reducing the inflammation as well as the pain. Tylenol 3 contains codeine which can be useful as well. But i would suggest giving him simple tylenol first and if that doesnt help, then move on to motrin or aleve and if that doesnt work give him the tylenol 3, however if tylenol 3 is the only thing that you have then that would be fine as well.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/

Would you to know anything else? If done for now, please remember to leave a positive rating as that is the only way we are compensated for our time spent helping you. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the rating.