DR.EHTISHAM
DR.EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

Had a cold a couple of months ago then lost my taster and

Customer Question

had a cold a couple of months ago then lost my taster and then things were hard to swallow and my mouth was sore and white spots one tongue. Warm salt water helped may taster come back and everything got better but never has gotten well
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Does anything in particular seem to make the skin issue better or worse?
Customer: three months sweets make the mouth sore sugar tests ok
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: have nothing
Category: Medical
Expert:  DR.EHTISHAM replied 11 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

The whit patches you have mentioned suggests most likely a fungal infection or candidiasis of oral cavity . You have to use Nystatin oral solution and mouth wash to keep your mouth free of infection. It might take two weeks to treat this infection. In severe cases sometime oral antifungals are required. Avoiding sweet or sugary drinks also help as these sugars help in growth of yeast . Once the infection resolve your taste sensations will be back

Good luck

Feel free to ask if any more question

If done Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do I am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating

Regards

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
how do I get an oral antifungal?

You have to see the doctor for a prescription. You might need just oral anti fungal solution so let the doctor assess you

Good luck

Feel free to ask if any more question

Regards

Do ask if any more question

Regards