How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Ted Manos Your Own Question
Dr Ted Manos
Dr Ted Manos, Doctor (MD)
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 682
Experience:  Self employed 40 years experience Ob-Gyn
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr Ted Manos is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Im looking to get advise on the next step to concieve,

Customer Question

Hi im looking to get advise on the next step to concieve, Myself and partner have had loads of tests and resulted in myself not ovalating every month. I also have pcos. Would our next step be ivf or iui as its all very confusing from what we read online.
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: Im not on any medication at the moment nor is my partner
JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: neither of us are allergic to any meds
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: i have pcos and don not ovulate every month
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Schuyler - ANP replied 11 months ago.


Welcome to our site and thanks for your question. My name is***** and I will try to answer your questions for you.

Expert:  Schuyler - ANP replied 11 months ago.

First of all, what treatment are you receiving for your PCOS?

Have you seen a fertility expert?

Tried any medications?

Expert:  Dr Ted Manos replied 11 months ago.
Hello I'm Dr Manos MD, board certified ObGyn. Thanks for using Justanswer and with PCOS ovulation is interfered with. The experience of your doctor would determine whether they give you medications that can have you ovulate and follow the ovulation cyle with transvaginal ultrasound. You can also be referred to an ObGyn practice that does Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility as a sub specialty and they do IVF or IUI if indicated.
Expert:  Dr Ted Manos replied 11 months ago.
I guess you were helped while I was working on the text.