How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. David Your Own Question
Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 45932
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. David is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My dad is 76 and is a type 2 diabetic. He's having his

Customer Question

My dad is 76 and is a type 2 diabetic. He's having his second round of upper body shakes today. The first came with the chills and after he laid down a bit, the shakes stopped, but he still didn't feel quite right. He felt like he had a slight fever, but wouldn't take his temperature. Fast forward about 7 hours and they're back again. He's once again laying down to rest. Should we seek medical care?
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 10 months ago.

This is Dr. David

sorry to hear about your dad

yes, you should seek medical care for him

he could be having a early serious infection or heart problem or something else

shakes and chills and slight fever can be serious in a 76 year old man with diabetes.

you don't want to overlook something serious or life threatening

they will check his urine and chest xray and blood work at the ER emergency room right away and be able to find an infection if he has one.

I hope you can convince him to go to the ER

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me:

Thanks for using