Michael Salama
Michael Salama,
Experience:  Medical director at San Miguel Medical Clinic
93434137

My mother lives in Iran. She removed her gallbladder. They

Customer Question

My mother lives in Iran. She removed her gallbladder. They sent her home after a few days but she started to have internal bleeding. She was rushed to the emergency room for a second surgery. Then she was sent home again, but the internal bleeding continued and she is now back in the hospital. She throws up her food, as they have taken her off IV and still has internal bleeding. She has lost 30 lbs since the first surgery. She also throws up every time they give her medicine by mouth. She is too weak to go throw another surgery. She is 78 years old. The doctor admitted that when he did the second surgery, he may have caused the problem by inability to see well where he was operating. Please help. What do we do?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Michael Salama replied 11 months ago.

Hello this is Dr. Salama MD,

This is an unfortunate situation.

I am sorry to hear about your mother.

The first step would be to isolate the source of the bleeding and fix that as soon as possible.

If she continues to bleed, she will likely require blood transfusions, have more weight loss and vomiting.

This is really the only viable solution.

Even though she is too weak for surgery, it might be the only solution left aside from watching and waiting.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

If not, please don't forget to leave a positive rating as that's the only way I get credit for answering your question.

Thank you!

Is there anything else I can help you with today?

If not, please don't forget to leave a rating.