How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. David Your Own Question
Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 45927
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. David is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a veteran of WW2. My wife has become down with dementia

Customer Question

I am a veteran of WW2. My wife has become down with dementia and it is very expensive to place her in a senior care facility. Can Medical help me with this?
Wm, Casom
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 10 months ago.

This is Dr. David

I am sorry about your wife

Medicare federal insurance doesn't pay for nursing home care or senior care facility

however, your state medicaid insurance can help pay for it.

I would talk to a social worker at your hospital or doctor's office

and see if you can apply for state medicaid for her and see if that can help pay for nursing home care for her

the social worker can help assess her and find a proper nursing home which may be willing to take her.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me:

Thanks for using