How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Phil, MD Your Own Question
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 56204
Experience:  Medical Doctor Trained at a Top Academic Institution
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Phil, MD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Was given to much Lipitor because she had a stroke and now

Customer Question

was given to much Lipitor because she had a stroke and now she is so weak she can't walk and she also was given to much Lasic to keep fluid down which I have been told both can make you weak and affect your appetite. Is there anything that can be done to improve this problem. She is hardly eating enough to keep her alive.
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking? Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: It is not for me and she has been in the hospital and is now in a nursling home.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.

I think you need to have your blood checked

1)basic metabolic panel to check for electrolytes and kidney function on the lasix

2)muscle enzymes to check to see if lipitor is breaking down muscle

3)ask to dose the meds every other day to help with side effects

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave a positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

Thanks for using