Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, MD, MCCM. Currently working in Critical Care Medicine with 10 year experience in Medicine
22950887

I am having this feeling of warm water being poured down my

Customer Question

I am having this feeling of warm water being poured down my left leg in the shin area, but my leg is not wet.
JA: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Have you noticed any swelling?
Customer: No swelling, it has been going on for about two weeks now. I will be sitting or walking and out of nowhere, it feelings like warm liquid id flowing. I thought I spilled my coffee on myself a few times, but my leg was dry
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: no
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for this question. The symptoms which you are describing are consistent with parasthesias. These are abnormal sensations which can occur anywhere in the body due to damage to the nerves of that particular location. They can appear as bugs crawling on skin, tingling, needle sensations, burning or even liquid flowing in an area. Now parasthesias can occur due to a number of underlying issues with the nerves. The first thing which comes to mind is a neuropathy which is a condition in which the nerves are damaged due to several underlying causes. Such as diabetes, vitamin deficiency, thyroid disorders, autoimmune diseases, nutritional deficiencies among several others. The diagnosis can be made with the help of a NCS/EMG test along with a clinical examination. The treatment is of the underlying cause as well as with drugs like lyrica.

Another cause can be compression of the nerves either at the knee or even at the back. In such a case a NCS would be beneficial as well.

Now i would recommend that you visit your doctor and have this evaluated and get started on Lyrica while the underlying is determined.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/

Would you to know anything else? If done for now, please remember to leave a positive rating as that is the only way we are compensated for our time spent helping you. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the rating.