How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. David Your Own Question
Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 45937
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. David is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am experiencing joint pain from the waist down. I'm having

Customer Question

I am experiencing joint pain from the waist down. I'm having a hard time walking. I've gone from being a very active to a couch potato
JA: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: I've had it for about 7 months. Nothing seems to help
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Last August I had a lumpectomy on the right breast. I went through four treatments of chemo and 4 weeks of radiation. Outside of that I've been fairly healthy
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 11 months ago.

This is Dr. David

how old are you?

you could be having a pinched nerve in your lower back causing weakness in your legs.

you need to see a doctor right away to get a neurological exam

and MRI scan of your lower back.

with a history of breast cancer, you could have cancer spread as well to your bones causing weakness in your legs

you need to see your cancer doctor right away.

when can you get in to see your cancer doctors for evaluations and scans?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I am 68 years old. I see my cancer doctor on a regular basis, around every 3 months. They also did a bone density test at the end of my treatments
Expert:  Dr. David replied 11 months ago.

you need to see your cancer doctors again

and get a nuclear bone scan or PET/CT scan or MRI scan of your spine to check for cancer spread to your back which can cause joint pain from the waist down. and your difficulty walking.

there are treatments which could help if your breast cancer has spread.

it may not be that.

but you need scans now.

call up your doctor and let them know you are having these symptoms

they will get you in as soon as possible

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me:

Thanks for using