How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Bob Your Own Question
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Medical Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 5330
Experience:  20 Years in Internal Medicine, Neurology and Sports Medicine
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Bob is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm 57 and have had severe pain in my lower abdomen that

Customer Question

I'm 57 and have had severe pain in my lower abdomen that resembles menstrual cramps for two weeks. The pain is accompanied by sudden stabbing pain and seems hot. I had a hysterectomy at age 24.
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 11 months ago.

Hi Debie. Is this pain constant or does it come and go?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It's been pretty constant since the 16th (yes, I wrote it down because it was unusual)
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No phone call please.
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 11 months ago.

Have you had any nausea, vomiting, diarrhea or constipation?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
nausea and diarrhea.
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 11 months ago.

Any fever or chills?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No fever or chills. The pain radiates through my stomach and across my lower abdomen although it started in my lower right side. Is getting progressively worse and no longer isolated to my right side. Trying to find a doctor within my new insurances network.
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 11 months ago.

I agree that you need to see a doctor as soon as possible for this. Serious conditions such as a smoldering appendicitis or diverticulitis or an infection in the urinary system could cause such symptoms. You need a thorough physical exam, blood tests and probably a CT of the abdomen and pelvis. You would probably also benefit from IV fluids and pain killers. If you can't get in to see a PCP right away, go to a local express care clinic or ER. They can do all the required testing there and have you see a specialist if necessary.