Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I guess I'm really worried she might have staph. She says

Customer Question
I guess I'm really worried...
I guess I'm really worried she might have staph. She says the infection was caused by scarring. I know she is in a lot of pain and her doctor is worried about the four different antibiotics - Iv treatments not working. Thanks
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Medical
8/23/2016
Doctor: Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor replied 1 year ago
Anthony Bray, MD

Hello again,

You could be direct and ask her if she has staph or MRSA

As that is not an STD that would not be so personal and would be an appropriate issue to your safety ..

Staph or MRSA are contact transmistted and she could be a risk to you if that ..

So distinguishing that she is not a risk as to contact would be an appropriate issue for you to discuss

Again staph or MRSA are of category where a person should not work with patients if they have that ..it is a "CONTACT PRECAUTION" category

I hope that this is helpful for you

Let me know if you have further questions or concerns

I will be happy to get back with you

Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD

Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor