How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Ravoof Your Own Question
Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 4264
Experience:  Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Ravoof is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have issues with my groin and wanted to see what kind of

Customer Question

Hi I have issues with my groin and wanted to see what kind of specialist can help me
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: MRI shows inflammation at the symphysis pubis...and that is after not running for 3 months
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I had a sacral stress fracture but gone now I was diagnosed with osteopenia but not a bad one
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 11 months ago.

Dear customer,

What symptoms do you have? Which specialists have you consulted regarding this? What is your age and gender?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi, female, 38...its basically when I run and after the run...started a while back after a half marathon...I had an injection in the groin which helped for like 3 months...but its back...and I had not run for like 3 months.
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 11 months ago.

Dear customer,

Thanks for your reply.

In your case it will be best to consult a sports medicine specialist, and as a second option (if no sports medicine specialist is available in your location) I would suggest consulting an orthopedic surgeon.

Take care.

Please rate the answer with a positive rating.