Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

I have been diagnosed with small seizures. Can a high stress

Customer Question

I have been diagnosed with small seizures. Can a high stress level be part of the cause for this? I am also told I am bipolar and have hypomania although I do not agree with the bipolar and not sure why this is in my records. I did have some marital trouble quite a few years ago and subsequently got an assault charge against a man in town that was hitting on my wife. This has caused much trouble in my life as I now have lost my licence and drive truck for a living. Hypomania maybe whatever that is because I do work very hard all the time. How do I find out if I am truly bipolar? Do I need to see a physiatrist?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 11 months ago.

Dear customer,

Please describe the seizure that you had? Is this the first time? What investigations were done? What treatment was given? What is causing you to have a high stress level?