How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Amir Your Own Question
Dr. Amir
Dr. Amir, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 8842
Experience:  Master of Internal medicine & Gastroenterology with six years of experience (London). MBBS
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Amir is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I just noticated a lump on my mid back, and I'm not sure

Customer Question

I just noticated a lump on my mid back, and I'm not sure when I should go tothe doctor, and what type of doctor I should see Is that the type of thing I should take to my PCP?
JA: How long have you had the lump? Is it hard or soft?
Customer: I only noticed on Saturday It hard
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I've been running a lot more lately - I don't know if that coul dbe related AT ALL i have a slow thyriod and am anemic - again not sure if that is relevant AT ALL haha
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Amir replied 11 months ago.

Thanks for the question and coming here. I would like to say that this seems to be most likely Sebaceous cyst or Lipoma. I will suggest to see your physician for complete evaluation and examination. Your physician might refer you to general surgeon if that persist or increase in size. Make an appointment with your physician or GP.

Please click positive rating hopefully excellent. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek. Don't worry if you forget anything you can always come back to me.

Best wishes