Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I have had ear draining from both ears it can be painful at

Customer Question
times and itching is bad...
i have had ear draining from both ears it can be painful at times and itching is bad i have no insurance can i see doctor i'v been to reaglur doctors keeps comimg back my name is michella
JA: How long have you been dealing with the ear issue? Have you had any colds or flus recently?
Customer: about 2 or more years i just went to doctor for cold it is cleared up about july for cold i'm from out of town and have swimed in pools at hotels
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: i've seen ent in baton rouge Dr. Peters had noise job from auto wreak back in 1995 i think
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Medical
8/22/2016
Doctor: Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD replied 1 year ago
Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

It sounds like you have spent quite some time trying to get to the bottom of what is going on. I am sure that your previous doctors have thought of, and ruled out, all of the common and easily treatable conditions that could be causing your issues. Would you say this is a correct statement?

At this point I think the best thing for you to do would be to gather up copies of all your medical records and travel to a large University Teaching hospital. At an institution like that you could be evaluated and treated by a team of sub-specialists who are at the cutting edge of their respective fields. The best thing about these large teaching hospitals is that consultations are available with Professors and leaders in their field by just walking a few steps down the hall.

Also, at an institution like this they offer deeply discounted care, sometimes even free care, for patients like yourself who do not have insurance and can not afford to pay.

The Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota is an excellent example of just such a place as this. That being said there are many excellent teaching hospitals all across the country and I am sure that there is one near you.

I know that it is going to take significant effort on your part, but I believe that going to one of the "Medical Mecca's" is your best chance to – finally -- get to the bottom of what is going on and get your ears cleared up once and for all.

Does this make sense to you?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned the top rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD