Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

I believe I have a Baker's cyst. I have continued to do some

Customer Question

I believe I have a Baker's cyst. I have continued to do some high intensity workouts with no pain since it happened but this past week it has started to hurt some or rather feel tender. I'm trying to figure out what I need to do to allow it to heal
JA: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: It happened about a month ago and hurt that day. No pain since until after standing up all day last Sunday I have been wearing a knee brace that my husband uses for running this week when working out, but it just feels achy and tired at night and especially after cooking and cleaning all day
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

you should ice your knee with a bag of ice wrapped in a towel front and back of your knee to decrease inflammation after working out.

you can also take ibuprofen like advil or naproxen sodium which can help decrease swelling of your baker's cyst

taking a break from high intensity workouts is probably better for your knee and baker's cyst.

you have to make sure you stretch before and after working out.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com