How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. D. Love Your Own Question
Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 18440
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. D. Love is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm interested in using a doctor recommended medical device

Customer Question

I'm interested in using a doctor recommended medical device (if any exist that is) to attempt to regrow my foreskin. Not any product which has the disclaimer "sold as a novelty only". I'm 40.
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 11 months ago.

Hello from JustAnswer.

I am sorry that no expert has yet responded, but there is no medical device that has been shown to be effective at regrowing the foreskin, and there are some risks involved with any attempt. Any device that applies traction on tissue around the head of the penis also may injure that tissue, which may then form scar tissue that can squeeze the penis. The technology may evolve, but the current technology does not support the use of such a device.

If it is important to you to have a foreskin, then you can consider surgical implantation of tissue, but there is no easy method for acquiring a foreskin.