Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

I have a nodule measuring 5mm to 7mm. We are not sure since

Customer Question

I have a nodule measuring 5mm to 7mm. We are not sure since was on different ct machines. It was originally found in 2008 due to abdominal pain, but was not classified. Then in 2015 was classified as a 7mm semi solid ground glass nodule. On my last ct scan on a different machine it was 5mm semi solid ground glass along with other nodules that could not be classified. Surgeon said I can wait a year to check them, so I am due this October for recheck.
I have been waking up with headaches and sore throat. Also, very fatigued during the day. Fatigue has been going on for months as well as the headaches. The sore throat as been on and off, but consistent for past week. In May when I had they checked for strep and was good. In addition to this 4 times since May I had episodes where I was so weak and sleepy that I couldnt get up and also had sore throat and body aches. I eat good, exercise, sleep and it still continues. I have had blood work and sleep tests with all normal. Could this be due to the nodule or a possible spread of malignant cells even though very small?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

I am a cancer doctor.

that small 5-7mm nodule most likely would not be causing your symptoms.

do you have acid reflux? this can cause you to have sore throat and not sleep well which can cause fatigue.

do you snore? this can be a sign of sleep apnea which can cause you poor sleep and fatigue.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I never been diagnosed with acid reflux and never had other symptoms of it that I know of.

I do not snore. I did a sleep test and they said I had mild sleep apnea, but they said it was so mild that they did not treat me. All they told me to do was sleep regularly, eat good, and exercise. I have done that before and now doing even better I started exercising regularly since April and sleep and get up at same time. I had this sleep test in March. Trying to follow up with sleep doc, but he has no openings until Jan and my primary can not find anything wrong. She just refers me to the sleep doc.

My white blood count at my physical in sept 2015 was 8.5. Then in May 2015 they did a blood count again due to the way I was feeling and everything was normal range. I just thought suspicious that my wbc was 8.5 on sept 2015 then was 6.3 in may 2016 meanwhile it was always in the 8.5 and 8.3 range every year prior. Seems to be the neutrophils that dropped since they were 5.48 then 3.55 Also my platlet 213 then 189 and always was over 218. Worried if these are continuing to drop due to underlying illness. They were not concerned since was within range still.

Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

I am not worried about your WBC counts or platelet or neutrophil counts.

have you had your thyroid hormone levels checked?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes, they said that was good too.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

If my lung nodules are indeed malignant could they have metastasized to my brain and this the cause of my headaches. For example I have a headache right now and pressure in my head. I almost always have a headache.

Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

no, they would not metastasize at that size.

you are jumping too much to crazy conclusions.

we don't see metastasis at that size of lung lesions.