How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Family Physician Your Own Question
Family Physician
Family Physician, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 2592
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Family Physician is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a question regarding hyperthyroidism and treatment of

Customer Question

I have a question regarding hyperthyroidism and treatment of this ailment. The issue medically is a high calcium level and the detection of a damaged parathyroid (there are four parathyroid glands as you know) gland. Is there treatment of a gland other than surgery?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

there is treatment for hyperthyroidism with radioactive I-131 pills which can kill part or the whole thyroid gland to fix the thyroid problem.

this won't work for the hyperparathyroid hormone if your PTH levels are high and causing high calcium levels. you need surgery for hyperparathyroid hormone in your body.

how high is your PTH levels

how low is your TSH levels which would indicate hyperthyroidism?