khagihara
khagihara, Doctor
Experience:  Trained in the multiple medical fields for many years.
20084961

This is for a gyno only. On mirena birth control for almost

Customer Question

This is for a gyno only. On mirena birth control for almost a year now. This month I'm having all of the symptoms of a period, water retention, tiredness, loose stool but what's bothering me the most is the really bad cramping. Is this normal after not having anything like this since having it inserted?
Category: Medical
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

How old are you? How tall are you? How much do you weigh? Any weight change? Does anything make it better or worse? Is it consistent? Is it getting worse? Any other symptoms? Are you aware of anything which might have triggered it? Any medical problems? Any surgeries? Any medications including over-the-counter pills and herbs? Any family medical history? Is your stress increased at home or work just before your symptoms started?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
49, 5'11, over 300, no recent weight change (trying to lose). Nothing I noticed makes it better or worse. When I first sent the question they were bend over holding your stomach bad, they have eased up quite a bit a few hours later...but I can still feel them. No other symptoms. No triggers I can think of. No medical problems except the overweight. No surgeries, except the doc when they inserted the mirena. Family medical history of what? Very stressed but no recent increase.
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

You should see your gynecologist to have a pregnancy test, a pelvic exam (to check if the IUD is in the right place), ultrasound (to check the thickness of the uterine ling and an ovarian cyst).

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Your saying all of this can cause this cramping?
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

They could cause the cramping.