How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Stan Your Own Question
Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 2111
Experience:  Physician at Stanley L Simpson, DO
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr Stan is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have fungal infection in the hair and body for almost two

Customer Question

I have fungal infection in the hair and body for almost two months. What can I use to stop the infection.
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: Yes, the doctor gave me itraconozole 100 mg 10 pieces of tablets. the symptoms went away for a week but the itching has come back. Also I have vaginal infection. the docter gave me gyno daktarin. The problem I have is the itching on the hair scalp and also the vagina. The also gave me a lotion for the hair call loxazol but it does not help.
JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: I do not take any medication. I am allergic for the medications: asperine, bruffen and penicilline.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No, nothing in particalur. I did a hysterectomy surgery 9 years ago.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 1 year ago.

Hi, Dr. Stan here to help you. My first question is Do you have Diabetes or have you been tested for Diabetes. When a fungal infection does not heal, there are two things to look for, high blood sugar and HIV infection. Discuss both with your doctor. I am here to answer any additional questions you may have. Please leave a positive rating of 3-5 stars so I am credited for my response. Thank you and feel better soon.

Expert:  Dr Stan replied 1 year ago.

I am concerned, please see a doctor.