Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, MD, MCCM. Currently working in Critical Care Medicine with 10 year experience in Medicine
22950887

We have talked about everything else..how about "poop"

Customer Question

Hey we have talked about everything else..how about "poop" Thought I must be constipated since hadn't gone in several days, so tried enema...very little came out..I immediately went to OMG..what's wrong to maybe since you haven't eaten much in a week...there isn't much to come out.!!! In case you haven't gathered..the anxiety has moved out and the depression has moved in. Think being dead has got to be better than thinking your dead ! How silly, of course it is...when you dead you can't feel anything.!!! If only you could see me "playing dead" already and I haven't even been to the doctor. Still no pain..just the morning ICKS...they might not be nausea it might just be the acid making me feel like I wish I could throw up..it there a difference...and right around noon everything settles down...Can't figure if it's all in my mind or maybe the time I take the meds. Oh well..off to stare at the walls and plan final arrangements. Thanks for listening...AGAIN
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 11 months ago.
Hi,Im sorry to hear about your symptoms. Transient constipation can be due to a number of things and it usually settles down with simple measures. The main thing is that you have to note if you have any abdominal pain, distension, tenderness or absolute constipation which means that you are unable to pass as well as stools. If you ahve these symptoms then you need to have this evaluated as soon as possible at an urgent care center or an ER. If you dont have these symptoms, then that could indicate that this is a transient problem which can be due to decreased fluid intake. So the first thing to do would be to use increased amounts of water and fluids which will help the constiopation. Next increase the amount of fiber in your diet, dietary fiber as well as OTC fiber supplements like metamucil or benefiber. These should help a lot, enemas are not very effective if you dont have adequate fiber in your diet. Lastly use stool softeners like OTC docusate sodium. The nausea which you experience early in the morning is likely to be due to acid reflux, you should start using OTC prilosec to counter these symptoms. Do you have any more questions?Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/