Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

I have depression really bad, been diagnosed with boarder

Customer Question

I have depression really bad, been diagnosed with boarder line bipolar, I have been to the doctor several times and the medicine they give me is not helping. I have told them I cant sleep at night, anxiety where I can hardly breath, suicidal thoughts. What can I do???
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

for biploar, you may need biploar medications like lithium or risperdal or seroquel or aripiprazole.

it doesn't sound like you have tried any of those medications.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have tried the aripipazole, I couldn't think of the name of it.. I need something that will help in bad way!! Depression, anxiety, panic, bipolar. ANYTHING!! Please!
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

what dose of aripiazole did you use? for how long?

you may have needed a higher dose or longer treatment with it to give it time to work.

you can talk to your doctor about lithum as well which can help

you can go to the ER right away to see a doctor for treatment.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
20 mg of it. I took it for a few months.. Long enough to be in my system and suppose to work, Ive been to a mental hospital as well... No one has helped...
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

have you tried lithium? that could help stabilize your moods and help your biploar symptoms.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, Ive never tried that. The most I have tried that was once prescribed to me when I was younger was Xanax 1mg. I told dr that it did work, but he couldn't prescribe any longer. Due to a change in his title I guess a PA
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

xanax is good to help decrease anxiety short term

but it is not great to help bipolar symptoms.

we can't prescribe medications on this website to clients we can't see.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have told the Dr numberous times, the same one who prescribed those to me a long while back.. Which like I said his title changed, he told me he could write the script out but the actual dr in the office would have to sign it. But he wouldn't do it. It seems like everyone I have seen I'm an unusual individual that cant be helped...
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

I see.

you may need to find another psychiatrist to help you

you may have to call up your insurance company to see which psychiatrist are in network for you in your area.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I could try that. But there is no promises... Last psychiatrist I went to which was 4 rivers behavioral health they said it would take a yr to actually see one of their doctors due to the wait period. I really cant wait that long because I am a serious cutter, along with my mood changes.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

then you need to get to the ER and see a doctor asap

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did like 2 weeks ago. I had freshly cut and they told me nothing was wrong even AFTER I told them what was going on...
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

Then we nEed to get you to a new psychiatrist who can follow you and treat you properly