How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. David Your Own Question
Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 46935
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. David is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Cardiolipin IgM test result as 17....negative range of 0

Customer Question

Cardiolipin IgM test result as 17....negative range of 0 to12. What may this indicate????
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: No.....taking celebrex and 10mg prednisone daily as well as bystolic for heart condition.
JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: Celebrex 200mg, prednisone 10mg and bystolic 5mg twice daily....allergic to penicillin and scan dyes.......
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Im 81....had sarcoid 1977, lymphoma 1988, heart attack 2011, arthritis...joint and muscle pain for at least 25 years.... progressively worse.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

Cardiolipin Antibodies are also called Phospholipid antibodies.

15.0-39.9 MPL or GPL (weakly positive)

Positive and strongly positive results for phospholipid antibodies (> or =40 GPL and/or MPL) are a diagnostic criterion for antiphospholipid syndrome (APS). Lesser levels of phospholipid antibodies and antibodies of the IgA isotype may occur in patients with clinical signs of APS but the results are not considered diagnostic.

Antiphospholipid syndrome occurs when your immune system mistakenly attacks some of the normal proteins in your blood.

you may need to see a rheumatologist to get more blood test to look for signs of autoimmune disease.

who did these tests for you?

have you see a rheumatologist yet?