Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

Right Side Of My Right Foot Has Been Numb Since Yesterday.

Customer Question
The right side of my...
The right side of my right foot has been numb since yesterday. I haven't seen a dr because I thought it would go back to normal. My feet get numb when I'm watching tv and as for meds. I'm on anti depressant. No not allergic to any meds and I don't take those meds daily like I'm supposed to. Zoloft, zanax, hydroxyzine pamoate and trazadone. The one I'm supposed to take morning and night is the zoloft and the others are as needed. I had 3 stress seizures last month.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Medical
8/3/2016
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 1 year ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Right side foot numbness can be from a pinched nerve in your lower back or a pinched nerve in your leg or knees causing this numbness or from poor circulation into your legs. Sitting down for a long period of time, like sitting on the toilet can cut off circulation in some people's legs and cause their legs to feel numb. Does the numbness improve when you stand up and walk around? If it does, then it is a sign of temporary blockage of circulation
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm 28

I see.

did you see my response above?

does the numbness improve when you stand up and walk around? if it does, then it is a sign of temporary blockage of circulation into the legs.

do you have a history of back problems? slipped disk, back pain which could be pinching on nerves to your foot?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No it doesnt improve when I stand.. I was sitting down with my knees raised and my feet were flat on the floor and my back was against a dresser. I fell asleep and when I woke up it was numb.. I thought it would go away but it was weird because when I tried to stand in couldn't. But now I'm walking but limping I guess because it's numb

I see

Falling a sleep like that sitting on your bottom on the floor can put a lot of pressure on your siatic or femoral nerves which run through your butt

This can cause numbness in your legs and feet.

That is good you are walking now which is better than before

Your nerve function should come back to functioning with time

You shouldn't be falling a asleep like that sitting down on the floor. It is bad for your nerves.

Keep walking and stretching your legs.

Your nerves should come back and the numbness should go away.

Your limping should go away as well

You can always see a doctor and get your nerves examined.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Do you know how long like days before it comes back

The numbness should get better in 3-7 days. Keep walking everyday. Work on stretching the leg and back of the leg and hamstring muscles gently every day. Don't fall asleep sitting on your butt or bottom again like that. It was tough.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
When I first woke up yesterday it was bad I couldn't stand. But the limp is the same... I'm able to walk. And it's only one side of my foot
I see. It sounds like one nerve is taking longer to wake up from the sleep episode and pressure on your bottom when you fell asleep sleeping down like that.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok.. Thanks
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician