Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

Just received my lab report. Bilirubin was 25 (in Canada) I

Customer Question
Hi. Just received my lab...
Hi. Just received my lab report. Bilirubin was 25 (in Canada) I think that is 1.4. Liver enzymes fine. High magnesium. Low vitamin D. No symptoms. Quite concerned. Can't see my dr for a few weeks.
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: No have not yet. Will see her in three weeks. I take two blood pressure meds - valsartin and diltiazem and a statin
JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: No allergies
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I do drink two glasses of wine every evening with dinner and take one day when I do not drink at all
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Medical
8/2/2016
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 1 year ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

This is Dr. David

It is normal to have some bilirubin in the blood.

A normal level is: Direct (also called conjugated) bilirubin: 0 to 0.3 mg/dL. Total bilirubin: 0.3 to 1.9 mg/dL.

so a total bilirubin level of 1.4 is normal.

you can read more here

https://medlineplus.gov/ency/article/003479.htm

let me know if you have questions.

Dr. David, Board Certified Physician