How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Abid Your Own Question
Dr. Abid
Dr. Abid, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 5985
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS(R)
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Abid is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I suffer from Schatzki's ring and have a blockage, is there

Customer Question

I suffer from Schatzki's ring and have a blockage , is there a simple way to clear it without going to an ER ?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 1 year ago.

Hi there ...

Thank you for the question ....

Symptomatic Schatzki rings may be treated with esophageal dilation , using bougie or balloon dilators. These have been found to be equally effective.Bougie dilatation involves passage of long dilating tubes of increasing size down the esophagus to stretch the area of narrowing, either over a guidewire passed into the stomach by endoscopy .

At home nothing can be done , this should be done in hospital setup .

Please go to dr .

Good luck .

Positive feedback will be appreciated .

Thanks .