Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I have been using PEP for the past 2 weeks after I receive a

Customer Question
blow job from a possible...
I have been using PEP for the past 2 weeks after I receive a blow job from a possible carrier. I recently read that my chances to get infected are low and I want to ask if I should discontinue the pill.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Medical
8/1/2016
Doctor: Dr.Anil, Doctor replied 1 year ago
Dr.Anil
Dr.Anil, Doctor

Hello and thank you for your question. I’d be happy to assist you.

If there is no unprotected anal,vaginal sex then HIV transmission from blow job itself is very less to negligible.

As you had started PEP and there is no risk for HIV transmission then you can stop it.

It's good to get a HIV RNA PCR test before stopping.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.
It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.
May I help you further?
Please to not forget a positive rating and avoid poor/bad rating.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
Waiting for your response.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I had a protected sex after the oral. The side effect of the PEP is too much for me and I would like to stop it.

Chances of HIV with protected sex and oral sex are very less.

So you can stop it if there was no other exposure.

It's good to get HIV testing also.

However chances are negligible.

Hope this helps.
Use reply to let me know if you have further queries.
Please provide positive rating and avoid poor/bad rating.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Waiting for your response.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I was told I have to wait few months to get tested because of the PEP, is that true?

For ELISA test it is ideal to wait for 6 weeks post exposure for testing and repeat testing at 3 months and 6 months post exposure.

It's my privilege to help you if you have any further query regarding your this health issue.
May I help you further?
Waiting for your response.

Dr.Anil
Dr.Anil
Dr.Anil, Doctor