Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I am having a personal problem with the inside of my thighs

Customer Question
itching. I have dry flaky...
I am having a personal problem with the inside of my thighs itching. I have dry flaky white stuff down there and it itches
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Does anything in particular seem to make the itch better or worse?
Customer: What is the cause of that
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: A few days now. And it doesn't get better or worse. I've tried desitin and deodorant nothing seems to calm it. And yes I've had trich before.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Medical
7/30/2016
Doctor: Dr Uzair, Doctor replied 1 year ago
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hi and thanks for the query.

Itching and dryness of the skin in that region can be due to a fungal infection and sometimes, also due to eczema or dermatitis.

However, since, this area is often covered in clothes, is moist and sweaty too fungal infections are the norm here. I would suggest that you start application of an antifungal and steroid ointment like Lotrimin (clotrimazole and betamethason) over the counter twice a day and keep the area dry and clean while you seek an appointment with your PCP.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.

Wish you good health.

Wish you good health.

Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor