How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Phil, MD Your Own Question
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 55814
Experience:  Medical Doctor Trained at a Top Academic Institution
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Phil, MD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am 51 and a half. One year ago I had an IUD surgically

Customer Question

I am 51 and a half . One year ago I had an IUD surgically removed due to a fibroid being in the way of office removal . Last nite I started bleeding for had first time .. In the past 7 hours I have changed my pad at intervals of half hour .. It is a nite pad and soaked through .. I'm getting nervous even though I'm lying in bed w my feet up I can feel the blood coming out ... Should I go to the ER ?
JA: In general, how has your health been lately?
Customer: No problem ... Regular PC every 6 months of so due to a cold or sinus .. Healthy and no issues to speak of
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I take ambien a few times s month and smoke a pack a month and drink 3 or so x a week glass of red wine
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for this question

Yes, I would go to the ER and have this checked

This abnormal bleeding needs looked at right away

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave a positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

Thanks for using

Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.

thanks for this question

please don't forget a positive rating. I appreciate it. :)

if you have more questions, just reply