How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Phil, MD Your Own Question
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 55485
Experience:  Medical Doctor Trained at a Top Academic Institution
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Phil, MD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have IBS and was given medication for my constipation,

Customer Question

I have IBS and was given medication for my constipation, which I have had for ever, Linzess was prescribed and also I was advised to take Miralax. My tummy is very swollen and I am in a lot of pain. According to the specialist I should take Nulevo for the pain. I stopped with the Nulevo because it made me constipated again.
Is there anything else I could do other than stop taking the Linzess, for the cramp pain?
Gonny Bentzon
Submitted: 12 months ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 12 months ago.

This is very concerning Gonny

I am worried about a bowel obstruction

You need to go to ER and have this checked and ruled out

you might have an obstruction

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave a positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

Thanks for using

Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 11 months ago.

thanks for this question

please don't forget a positive rating. I appreciate it. :)

if you have more questions, just reply