Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I've been feeling colder than usual and I'm wondering if

Customer Question
I've been feeling colder than...
I've been feeling colder than usual and I'm wondering if that could be due to something more than a cold
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Medical
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It's currently 78 where I live and it honestly feels like it's 60 degrees outside
7/27/2016
Doctor: Dr. Gehring, Doctor replied 1 year ago
Dr. Gehring
Dr. Gehring, Doctor

Hi there,

I am Dr. Hoellering and pleased to help you.

Feeling colder can have different reasons: A simple cold, a hypothyreosis, an anaemia, low blood pressure. A serious infection always goes along with other symptoms. Do you have any? Did you have bloodworks lately?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I had blood tests done a month ago and everything showed up as normal
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Should I worry about the risk of death or anything as serious as that

No, there is no reason to worry, if you have no other serious symptoms.! You shuld only see your doctor and have blood and blood pressure checked if you don't improve within the next days.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I've been having chest pain and pain in my left arm that's been on and off. In addition to this I feel weak at times and my throat feels like cardboard at the moment.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The chest pain and arm pain have been going on for quite a while
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I've also felt jaw pain as well but this has been very rare in all honesty

This pain would be a reason to have your heart checked immidiately if not already done!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I've had doctors look at my heart in the past and they didn't even consider an EKG as something I should do
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Although my heart does speed up and slow down at times
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Given that the pain is on and off would you worry

This has nothing to do with your feeling cold.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
well would you worry about things like heart issues
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Given the duration
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
This has been going on for at least a month

Yes. Plaease accept my offer if you want to talk about your heart.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
At times I feel I'm unable to breath and this has been going on for weeks as well

Please accept my offer.

You habe discussed your heart issue with Dr. Saha already. I understand that you don't need to do that again.

I wish you all the best and thank you for rating my help concerning your cold positively.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I haven't slept a lot and had coffee but I'm having shortness of breath and a racing heartbeat. If this seems fine to you I'll stop talking about this.

Yes it's fine with me. Please don't forget to rate my help (27th July) positively. All the best!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm confused about how this is fine when it constantly feels like there's something in my throat
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I've also felt a ton of pain and pressure in my chest. If this is normal for a skiing injury then I will stop talking about this but it's quite bothersome and has me very worried.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm also unable to rate you although I would have rated you five stars
Dr. Gehring
Dr. Gehring
Dr. Gehring, Doctor