Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I am have always been bone thin skinny, I am growing very

Customer Question
very tired of it and...
I am have always been bone thin skinny, I am growing very very tired of it and makes me depressed and self conscious about myself. It changes my life in every aspect from the way i dress to how i refuse to take off my shirt at the pool, removed the mirrors from my apartment so i dont have to see my skinnienss. Is there a medication that doctors can prescribe that is SPECIFICALLY for weight gain, not one that just increases appetite, because of my ADD i have to take adderall on a daily basis which does not let me eat no matter what i take to try and make myself hungry. I need a medication that will make me gain weight by slowing down my metabolism. Does that exist?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Medical
7/27/2016
Doctor: Dr Chaithanya, General Physician, Medical Researcher, All medical and health questions answered. replied 1 year ago
Dr Chaithanya
Dr Chaithanya, General Physician, Medical Researcher, All medical and health questions answered.

Hi

I'm Dr Chaithanya attending you

I completely understand your concern and I'm here to help you

Though few medications help in weight gain, they can lead to many long term side effects

So, as a doctor I do not suggest you any medications and you are so young, age 22

Protein powders help in weight gain, muscle mass increases, and I can suggest few diet changes that help in weight gain

Have mixed fruit juices daily

Eggs, chicken, fish can help

Banana milkshake for breakfast and few bits can help

Panner, and vegetable salads can help

Check your thyroid levels as well. When you have high thyroid level, you tend to be think how much ever you eat

So check T3, T4, and TSH levels checked.

Hope this helps

Please leave a positive rating at the top right corner of the page, so that I'm compensated for the answer

Any bonus is appreciated

Best Regards

Dr Chaithanya
Dr Chaithanya