Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

Iv been suffering from dry cough for almost 2 months now. my

Customer Question
hi doc iv been suffering...
hi doc iv been suffering from dry cough for almost 2 months now. my throat seems to be swelling already and very itchy throat. please help me
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Medical
7/25/2016
Doctor: Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor replied 1 year ago
Anthony Bray, MD

Hello!

Do you smoke ? It could be cough due to chronic bronchitis which may be due to non-infectious inflammation of the bronchi ...this could be due to an allergic type response ...

It could be a lower respiratory infection such as Mycoplasma ...

If that then a brief course of antibiotic such as Avelox would help clear ( this is a common cause of atypical respiratory infections )

Best approach would be to be checked by your doctor or pulmonologist potentially ...

Itchy throat as well may be clue to allergy problem...

Singulair Rx may help your cough as very possible I think...

I hope that this information is helpful for you

Let me know if you have further questions or concerns

I will be happy to get back with you

If my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback

Thank you and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD

Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor