How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Uzair Your Own Question
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 7365
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr Uzair is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a umbilical hernia that three doctors say and one

Customer Question

I have a umbilical hernia that three doctors say and one doctor was from uva hospital I should not have repair do the my otherhealth problem. I am in pain up on standing will the umbilical support belt help. I need help
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome.

It is always better to get it fixed surgically however if surgery under anesthesia is not possible because of other diseases you can use abdominal support belt. Trusses, corsets, or binders can hold hernias in place by placing pressure on the skin and abdominal wall.They are often used in older or debilitated patients who have an increased risk to undergo surgery and when the hernia defect is very large.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.Wish you good health.