How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Family Physician Your Own Question
Family Physician
Family Physician, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 2592
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Family Physician is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What could my possible diagnosis be? I'm a 30 year old male.

Customer Question

what could my possible diagnosis be? I'm a 30 year old male. About 15 weeks ago I went to pick up an object the wrong way. I felt and heard a pop in my low right back and instantly felt pain. the pain radiates to the front of my hip and down to my mid glute sometimes. Pain has lasted this long hoping to get back to normal asap
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 1 year ago.


Welcome and Thank you for your query posted.

My name is***** and being a Medicine specialist I would be able to provide you with an appropriate solution to your concern.

Please note that my Goal is to provide you with an Excellent Service .

Before I answer your question I would like to get some more information:

Are you able to walk properly ?

Are you able to sit cross legged without pain ?

Are you able to touch your kneeby bending down ( ina a standing position ) without pain ?

Are you getting tingling sensation in your legs ?

Please note that the answer provided is for information purpose only and does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can bend over and touch my toes without pain. But if i bend over to put something in the back seat of my car i have pain. I feel pain radiat to the front of my hip and sometimes to my mid glute. Walking bothers me standing to long also bothers me. The greatest amount of pain is kind of localized to right side lower back
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Lying flat on my back in bed is bothersome also
Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 1 year ago.

Thank you very much for your reply.

Looks like you may have got a muscle tear( strain ) resulting in this pain. This kind of pain does not seem related to any bone or joint issue.

As it is a localized to the right lower side and standing too long or lying down causes the pain , there has to be some level of muscle inflammation.

Taking oral calpol for three days and then using local diclofenac gel for a week would help.

If you are getting tingling sensation or a shooting pain , then an MRI of the spine would be the next best step.

Do let me know if you have any further queries.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Alreadt had an mri since this has been going on for 15 weeks. Mri shows very small lumbar bulge. I also been told si joint problem
Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your reply.

That is good you have investigated yourself to get a clear picture.

Starting a physiotherapy will definitely help and also take Calpol for the pain .

Do let me know if you have any further queries.