Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

My husband has been diagnosed with pulmonary fibrosis. He is

Customer Question
My husband has been diagnosed...
My husband has been diagnosed with pulmonary fibrosis. He is complaining now that he is blowing this brown colored rubbery stuff out his left nostril at times. He says that sometimes it is a very large piece and this is happening more frequently. His pulmonary doctor has him on predisone because that seems to be helping with his not coughing as much and breathing. He is concerned about this brown stuff. What is it and should we be concerned? How can you help this?
JA: How long have you been dealing with the cough? Are you having any other symptoms?
Customer: He has had this cough for a long time (years) and was diagnosed last year with the pulmonary fibrosis.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: This may or may not be related to this condition. He is having trouble with his vision in his left eye. He had a perforated arota 3 years ago and we just found out in March that the arch that they replaced is seeping where they put the new piece to his old parts. The doctor told us not to come back for 6 months to see if any worse. Other than that, no.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Medical
7/15/2016
Doctor: Dr Stan, Doctor replied 1 year ago
Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor

Hi, Dr. Stan here to help. I'm sorry your husband is having so many medical problems. The brown material may be infection or dried blood. Discuss this with Pulmonary doctor. The vision problem may be cataract and should be checked by an Ophthalmologist. The seeping may or may not be related to the nose issue, but you should contact his Cardiovascular surgeon to discuss this also. I hope this is helpful. I am here to answer any additional questions you may have. Please leave a positive rating for my response as this is how I am compensated for my response.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you

You are most welcome and I hope your husband feels better soon.

Dr Stan
Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor