Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the field of Family Practice
13781349

I been having throat pain, ear pain 3 months. seems it is

I been having throat pain, ear pain for already 3 months. seems it is not as bad the pain for the past two days, but I been getting like clear mucus or pus, or phlem, not sure i know what it is coming from the left area now. what can this be?

Hello!

3 months is a long time ..more than just a transient cold...you may have a sinus infection that may be related to other symptoms ...ear pain could relate to post nasal drainage >> Eustacian tube dysfunction >> possibly otitis media as well on the left side ....

Throat pain may also potentially relate to post nasal drainage from sinus infection >> possible tonsil infection or pharyngitis more affecting that side ...also if infection should affect the lower aspect of the Eustacian tube then this would hurt in the throat area on affected side

I recommend that you see an ENT specialist

I suspect that you are likely to benefit from a course of an antibiotic along with a decongestant ..

I hope that this information is helpful for you

Let me know if you have further questions or concerns

I will be happy to get back with you

If my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback

Thank you and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

what you told me to do, I already done.

Ok what have you been on as to antibiotic?

How recent ?

When was most recent ENT evaluation?

Often medical problems are not a one stop type problem but require follow up...

You may need a sinus CT scan for example ...

Let me know ...

I will get back to you ...

Best regards!

Anthony Bray MD

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

1. i was on 3 antibiotic and 1 antibiotic in er. blood tests dont show i have bacteria infections.

2. 2 weeks ago

3. ent put a scope in nose and checked everything and said it was clear that nothing is wrong and take tylenol for pain.

4. they did ct scan on neck soft tissue with no issues.

I see... You may try CHLOROSEPTIC Throat spray for one

Try gargles with salt water ---

An anti-inflammatory at high dose may be more help than Tylenol --- ADVIL 800MG three times a day with food ...

You may be helped with AFRIN nasal spray

It does sound that you have had thorough evaluation so far but from your symptoms it seems clear that something IS wrong ...

I understand it is frustrating ....

You may benefit from above steps and consider a second opinion if not improving soon...

I hope that this is helpful for you

Let me know if you have further concerns or discussion

Best regards,

Anthony Bray MD

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i know i need to get 2nd opinion, can they run this spit up for a culture to see what it is?

Hello again ..

Yes swabs of the nasal passage or sinus cavities may provide good reliable cultures ( just saliva is probably not going to be helpful as that tends to be flooded with multi-bacteria as normal flora ...

A source of infection that carries a pathogen is what needs to be identified ...

Cultures may be helpful in this process though....yes to that ...

Take Care,

Anthony Bray MD