How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Family Physician Your Own Question
Family Physician
Family Physician, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 2592
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Family Physician is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Have had a yeast infection for over a year. It's getting bad

Customer Question

Have had a yeast infection for over a year. It's getting bad and is even bleeding at this point. I've had fluconazole tablets and clotrimozole/betamethasone cream. Nothing seems to be helping. Any suggestions?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

you need to see a gyn doctor and get a gyn exam.

it may be a bacterial vaginosis infection which would need flagyl (metronidazole) antibiotic treatments.

you need a vaginal culture to see for sure if there is a vaginal fungal infection.

there are also stronger IV antifungal treatments your doctors could give you as well.

you may have to see an infectious disease doctor or your gyn doctor may have to call up an infectious disease doctor to talk about your case.

when was your last gyn examination?