How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Uzair Your Own Question
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 7940
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr Uzair is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a disconfort, more like a sharp pain under my right

Customer Question

Hello, I have a disconfort, more like a sharp pain under my right part of the chest only when I sneeze or cough. Its been going on after several weeks
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.

Hi and thanks for the query.

Usually, such a pain can occur due to gall bladder inflammation, stomach inflammation and sometimes, chest infections as well.

Chest infections however, present with productive cough and fever as well.

Sub acute or chronic gall bladder inflammation is more likely to cause such symptoms. This needs to be evaluated further, I would suggest that you get an appointment with your PCP, and have this examined. To facilitate the process of diagnosing this, certain blood tests like liver function tests and a chest x ray along with an upper abdominal ultrasound will be warranted. If this is in fact, GI related then a referral to the Gastroenterologist and an upper GI endoscopy will be beneficial.

If this is related to the chest then further information can be achieved by getting a chest CT Scan done.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Please do leave a positive rating for the service, by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.