Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

It's me Again...I need to Give you an update are you there?

Customer Question

Hi doctor it's me
Again...I need to
Give you an update are you there?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.

Yes how can I help you today?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi doctor. I am 34 year old female two months postpartum....just some history, a little over a year ago I experienced a four week period where I was lightheaded everyday (the lightheadedness would come and go throughout the day). I went to see a neurologist and he ordered an MRI with contrast and it was negative. Fast forward over a year later and I was 9 months pregnant I started getting throbbing headaches everyday for 5 weeks. The headaches never lasted longer then an hour...now, 3 months later I am suffering from
Painful abdominal cramps and back pain that comes and goes everyday (mainly in the morning) I also have tingly fingers as well as a weird feeling in my foot as if it's a bit heavy. I have had these symptoms for a little over a week now.
I am so scared I have MS. I did see a neurologist when I was experiencing the lightheadedness and he ordered an MRI with contrast which was negative. He then completely ruled out MS. I read that 5 percent of MS diagnosis do start out with a negative MRI.
Do my symptoms resemble that of MS? My symptoms come and go throughout the day...the tingly fingers won't happen in the morning, afternoon it comes and the next morning it's gone but happens again 2 days later...Should I have another MRI done?
Thank you so much for your time. Also until recently I can't cross my legs without getting pins and needles and sleeping on my side causes temporary pins and needles too!
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question.

With what you are describing it is HIGHLY UNLIKELY to be MS particularly with a normal MRI.

All the symptoms that you are mentioning can happen even with severe anxiety, which I think could be a cause in your case.

Other causes that need to be considered and ruled out include low levels of vitamin B12 and low levels of thyroid hormone.

These can be ruled out by doing a blood test for vitamin B12 and thyroid hormones.

Let me know if you have any further questions.
Please do rate me before you leave by clicking on one of the rating options as that is the only way we, the experts, are credited on here for helping you out.
Kindest regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is the highly unlikely scenario 5 percent? Please disregard the negative MRI and make a determination on my symptoms? I had blood test my b12 and thyroid is fine.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.

Less than 1%.

I have seen many cases of MS and not even one presented with such symptoms.

So even based on your symptoms the chances of having MS are less than 1%

BTW MRI is the best test to diagnose MS.

If there is some doubt on MRI the next test that we do is to test spinal fluid by doing a spinal tap.

I would appreciate a rating before we proceed.

I will continue answering your question even after your rating.

Kindest regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay well that is relieving! Well what can be causing all these pins and needles all of a sudden? I feel like my nerves are on overdrive! My fingers throb, my hand feels shakey. I never felt these things before
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

thanks for asking for me.

your anxiety symptoms are severe

anxiety can cause you to have pins and needles symptoms and can cause your hands to be shakey.

you need to talk to your doctor to get back on anti-anxiety medications.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have never taken any medication!!! I don't even feel anxious I have had more times in my life when I was anxious and never had these symptoms. How are you so sure it's anxiety and not something else?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

yes, I am sure it is due to anxiety

see your doctor

I'm sure you don't have MS.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Doctor, how are you so sure and how sure are you?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

I am 100% sure you don't have MS

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Gosh I love your confidence and conviction I hope you are right... are there other disorders/illnesses that can cause these symptoms?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

no real other conditions which cause your symptoms.

Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Doctor I woke up just now because I had a bit of a headache and my head started shaking on its own for a couple of seconds and stopped!!!! This is anxiety??!!! I am so scared! Nothing like this has happened to me before!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Doctor I also forgot
To mention that I have night sweats at night and a dull ache in my head (temple area) that does not go away?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

yes, it sounds like you had a panic attack or anxiety attack at night time.

you should ask your doctor for medications to help treat your anxiety symptoms

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you sure it's not some underlying illness that is causing all these symptoms including the night sweats?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

yes, I am sure.

talk to your doctor about it

I bet they will say your symptoms are due to your anxiety symptoms as well

ask for medication treatments for your anxiety symptoms.

please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Doctor the same foot
My left one still has these crawling sensations and pins and needles...r u sure this is anxiety? And is it true anxiety can set off an auto immune disease?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

yes, I am sure this is not cancer

it is from anxiety

anxiety disorder will not set off autoimmune disease.

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Doctor I am worried about ms I have been getting headaches (right side only) and pins and needles in my left leg...
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

you don't have MS.