How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Muneeb Ali Your Own Question
Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 6739
Experience:  MBBS, MD, MCCM. Currently working in Critical Care Medicine with 10 year experience in Medicine
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Muneeb Ali is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have gone from being too thin (90 pounds), to being 190

Customer Question

I have gone from being too thin (90 pounds), to being 190 pounds within a five year period. The doctor is just saying to me, "why would we evaluate every fat person". Well, maybe because I have cramping, extreme change of my face shape, hair growing on my face, dark spots here and there (age spots), fatigue, memory loss, thyroid problems, joint aches, frequent urination, extreme middle body fat (I've never had), family members are asking what is wrong because of my extreme change.
Henry Ford evaluated me and just said it is not warranted to do any further MRI or any test like that because we all have pituitary tumors. My tests were inconclusive, what would you do when they do not take you seriuosly?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 1 year ago.


Im sorry to hear about your symptoms. Now from what you are describing it is clear that you seem to have developed cushings syndrome which is a condition in which there is increased production of steroids in the body which will give rise to all the symptoms which you are describing. This can be easily diagnosed by getting a 24 hour urinary free cortisol level done which should be followed by suppression tests. This would be able to diagnose the problem clearly. In addition a MRI of the brain should be done as well as a pituitary adenoma would cause these symptoms by increased production of ACTH which in turn would cause cortisol production.

Now if you doctor is not taking this seriously then you should see an endocrinologist and have him run these tests and im sure he will be able to diagnose the problem and then start you on treatment.

An endocrinologist is the answer here and if your doctor is an endocrinologist, then seek another opinion. This does need evaluation, if this isnt cushings syndrome then it has to be evaluated for other conditions like autoimmune disorders etc

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,