Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

I have pain in the area of my gallbladder, and right

Customer Question

Hi. I have pain in the area of my gallbladder, and right shoulder. Since 48 hours. I made an ultrasound which excluded stones in the gallbladder and didnt see anything abnormal in liver and surrounding area. Blood tests are all within the norm, except Moncytes which are at 15.5%. The pain in the shoulder is better, but the pain in the area of the gallbladder continues. What could this be? Thanks.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question.

This could still be a gallbladder issue.

I would recommend that you should have a scan that tests the function of the gallbladder called as HIDA scan.

Preferably, I would like that you be seen by a gastroenterologist.

A dysfunctional gallbladder can at times cause such a pain.

Also, at times, kidney stones can cause pain in this area and the best test for that is not ultrasound but CT scan of your abdomen.

So the bot***** *****ne is that you need to be seen and evaluated further until the doctors get to the bottom of this problem.

This session is open for any further questions that you may have.
I would appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end on the top right hand corner as that is the only way we, the experts, are credited on here for helping you out.
Kindest regards

Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Please rate me as that is the only way I am paid on here.

Kindest regards